Healthy and delicious! The salad dressing is made with olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, fresh basil, and minced garlic. Use more chicken if you plan to serve this Italian salad as a main dish.
This is one of the many delicious, healthy recipes you can enjoy when you take my 5 Week Weight Loss Transformation Challenge!
Italian Salad with Chicken, Spinach, Artichokes
Healthy and delicious! The salad dressing is made with olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, fresh basil, and minced garlic. Use more chicken if you plan to serve this Italian salad as a main dish. (Recipe by juliasalbum.com)
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tbsp coconut or olive oil - for chicken
- 1+ chicken breasts
- salt & pepper - for chicken
- 6 oz spinach
- 1/4 red onion , chopped
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes , chopped
- 1 cup artichoke hearts roasted, drained, chopped
- 1 cup salami , chopped optional
- 1/4 cup olive oil - for salad dressing
- 2 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed - for salad dressing
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar - for salad dressing
- 1 tbsp fresh basil , chopped - for salad dressing
- 1 garlic clove , minced - for salad dressing
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil on medium-high heat. Sear the chicken, seasoned with salt and pepper, on medium-high heat about 4-5 minutes on each side, until the chicken is golden color on the outside and is cooked through, and no longer pink in the center.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and allow to rest for about 5 minutes. Slice thickly.
- Add all the salad ingredients to a large bowl and mix.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until well-blended
- Add the dressing to the bowl with salad and mix. Arrange sliced and cooked chicken over salad.
395 cals | protein (15g) / carbs (11g) / fat (32g)