These super healthy Baked Sweet Potatoes with Egg will give you a nutritional jump start to your day. They are full of protein and healthy fats that will keep you full until lunch. Cut out the egg yolks to enjoy as your post-workout meal!
This is one of the many delicious, healthy recipes you can enjoy when you take my 5 Week Weight Loss Transformation Challenge!
Baked Sweet Potatoes with Egg
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 6 eggs or use eggwhites
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 pieces cooked turkey bacon, crumbled
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Poke potatoes with a fork and bake in the microwave (about 8 min.) Let them cool a bit. Or bake in the oven for about 60 minutes at 350°
- Cut sweet potatoes in half and scoop out some of the insides but not all. You want to leave a good layer so it will be able to hold the egg.
- Put the sweet potato flesh in a bowl and mix with coconut oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Put a scoop of the potato mixture back in each potato. Try to push it up the sides. This will help it hold the egg.
- Crack an egg into each hole and top with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon. Top with guacamole.