Low Calorie Salmon Patties
I love salmon so much! It is a low-calorie, high protein fish that will promote rapid weight loss. You are serving yourself a healthy dose of those omega-3 fatty acids that the body needs, which will keep you feeling fuller and help you drop weight quickly.
- 15 ounce low sodium can salmon
- 10 ounce no salt added cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup parmesan cheese reduced fat, low sodium
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup homemade cashew milk or skim milk (reach out for my cashew milk recipe!)
- Drain salmon and remove any bones or fish skin. This is a preference, you can stir it together if you prefer.
- Using a medium-sized bowl, mix together fish, half of the soup, cheese, eggs, onion, and lime. Place in the fridge for up to 20 minutes to allow the foods to combine (it's worth the extra time!!). This step also allows you to form patties much more easily.
- Dig your hands in and form into 8 large patties.
- In a large, non-stick pan, heat oil on medium and cook 4 patties at a time. Each patty is heated through and lightly browned, about 10 minutes per side. Transfer cooked patties to a covered serving plate as they cook.
- Use the same pan (no need to make extra dishes for yourself!) but reduce heat to low and pour in the rest of your mushroom soup and add milk. Stir often until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes, and serve with patties.
Calories per serving of Homemade Canned Salmon Patties 11 g fat 32 g protein 2 g carbs