Baked Fish L'Orange
Easy, healthy way to prepare white fish to have a delicious citrus flavour without adding calories. Fits any diet! 6 simple steps, start to finish!
Servings: 2 servings
- 2 large white fish fillets tilipia, haddock, or you can use salmon too
- 1-2 fresh oranges sliced thickly
- 1 tsp vegetable stock powder
- 2 tbsp dried chives
- 1/2 tsp allspice powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes optional
- 2 tbsps coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 tsp honey optional as garnish to decorate plate
- 2 cloves garlic optional
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- Place aluminium foil on baking sheet, lay out 4 slices of thick orange, then the fish fillet then sliced garlic. Do this for both/all pieces of fish individually.
- Sprinkle with spices.
- Add the dried chives and vegetable stock powder. Wrap it up and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes without peaking into the aluminium foil.
- Plate the fish (including oranges - those are good for you to eat too!) and pour juice from the aluminium foil over top as a sauce. Optional to remove the garlic or leave atop the fish.
Nutritional Value of Dish if using Tilipia including Orange Garnish: 159 Calories; 24 g protein; 12 g carbs; 2.4 g fat per serving - Fish is zero carb if you don't eat the fruit, but you'll be missing out on vitmain C!