Bacon Oat Cups
Breakfast can be so rushed, but it's so important to start the day with a healthy, filling meal. Try pre-making these bit-sized oat cups to prepare yourself for a full day by fueling up with a good serving of protein, carbs and fats.
- 12 muffin cup pan
- Medium-sized non-stick cooking pan
- cooking oil spray
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 6 ounces turkey bacon, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1.25 cup large flake oats
- 2 Omega-3 Enriched eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup homemade cashew milk or skim milk (reach out for my Cashew Milk recipe!)
- pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese, reduced fat, low sodium
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano chopped
- Go ahead and preheat your oven to 375 degrees. You can also prepare your muffin pan by spraying lightly with cooking spray please.
- Using a medium-sized non-stick pan, melt coconut oil. Add in bacon pieces, onion, & garlic in the coconut oil and cook for 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Toss your oats into the pan and stir together for 2 minutes until their edges are lightly browned. Remove from heat and set aside for a moment.
- In a little bowl, whisk together both eggs, your choice of milk, and the pepper, cheese, parsley and oregano.
- Carefully stir the mixture together with the oats by pouring the liquid into the slightly cooled pan and stirring quickly together, then immediately transferring by spoonful to evenly fill the sprayed muffin cups.
- You'll want to bake this for 25 minutes or until eggs are not runny. I recommend using a fork to poke and check for firmness.
- Let the pan chill on the coutertop for about 5 minutes, then use a butter knife to free the edges and remove each oat cup from the pan.
- Wonderful news! These healthy bacon oat cups are perfect to store in a freezer-safe container to enjoy later. To prepare from frozen, just place 2 oat cups on a microwave-safe dish and reheat for 60-90 seconds. Ideal in the morning or as an afternoon snack.
| | | |