This Cottage Cheese Breakfast Bowl is made with cottage cheese, nuts and your favorite berries for a quick, protein-packed breakfast. It can be made ahead the night before, and it’s easy to customize to your liking!
This is one of the many delicious, healthy recipes you can enjoy when you take my 5 Week Weight Loss Transformation Challenge!
Nonfat Cottage Cheese Breakfast Bowl
This Cottage Cheese Breakfast Bowl is made with cottage cheese, nuts and your favorite berries for a quick, protein-packed breakfast. It can be made ahead the night before, and it’s easy to customize to your liking! (Recipe from Erin at thealmondeater.com)
Servings: 1 serving
- 1 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup fruit
- 1 oz walnuts
- sprinkle cinnamon or coconut
- Choose your nuts. I opted to use a combination of almonds and walnuts, but any kind of nut will work in this recipe. If you’re allergic to nuts or just don’t like them, you could use old fashioned oats or nut-free granola instead.
- Choose your fruit. Again, most any fruits will do, but I like to think berries pair really well with nuts and cottage cheese. Plus, who doesn’t enjoy berries with breakfast? If it’s wintertime and berries aren’t in season, try a banana instead! Bananas are good all year round if you ask me.
- Add the cottage cheese. This step doesn’t really need explaining, but you’re going to need cottage cheese for this cottage cheese bowl (obviously…). If you have yet to hop on the cottage cheese train because of the texture, just know that I get it. Really, I do. The texture kept me from trying it for quite some time, but I eventually got over it and thank goodness I did. It’s so good! You can opt for low fat, 2% or 4% depending on your preference.
- If you want to add more STUFF to this breakfast bowl, go for it! Other toppings include cinnamon, shredded coconut and maybe even some nut butter. The possibilities are endless!
346 calories | 29% protein (16g) / 30% carbs (17g) / 41% fat (23g)